Calendar of EventsThe Kingston Township COMPOST SITE will be open
Monday-Tuesday & Thursday 10 am to 7 pm. Wednesday & Friday 10 am - 8 pm and Saturdays &Sundays 10 am - 5 pm.
KINGSTON TOWNSHIP 2020 FALL CLEAN-UP
Monday September 14 - Saturday, September 19, 2020
KINGSTON TOWNSHIP – SPRING (Fall) CLEAN-UP
Kingston Township Residents Only.
Monday, September 14, 2020 through Saturday, September 19, 2020
Kingston Township Public Works Facility
225 E. Center Street, Shavertown, PA.
1. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, hours are 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Tuesday and Thursday, hours are 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Hours on Saturday are 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
2. Items not be accepted: household trash, garbage; recyclable items, tree stumps, rocks; construction debris; toxic substances such as paints, solvents, automotive fluids, fertilizers, medical waste or any chemicals, All electronics such as TVs, computers etc; Tires, washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, furnaces, stoves, microwaves, water heaters, or other large appliances, air conditioners & dehumidifiers that are not tagged with a certified sticker from a professional stating that the freon has been removed. Please present tattered American Flags to the staff for proper disposal.
3. Proof of Township residency is required to obtain a Spring Clean-up permit.
4. All residents are required to obtain a Spring Clean-up permit prior to dropping off any materials in accordance with the following fee schedule:
Cars/Sm SUVs $5.00 / permit (limit 2 trips) $10.00 (unlimited)
Vans/Mid-SUVs/Sm Trucks $10.00 / permit (limit 2 trips) $25.00 (unlimited)
Lg. Trucks/Trailers/Cargo Vans/Lg SUV (< 1 ton) $35.00 / permit (2 trips limit)
Vehicles (> 1 ton) $90.00 / permit (1 trip limit)
5. Spring Clean-up permits are issued to the occupants of rental units, not to the property owners. All items must be from Township Residence Only.
6. Proper ID will be required with Spring Clean-up permit for admission to the drop-off site. Please show the permit to the officer on duty. Unlimited permits must be visible for each admission.
7. The Township reserves exclusive right to determine residency of persons entering
8. The Township reserves exclusive right in determining the classification of vehicles
described in # 4 above.
The Township asks the cooperation of residents in refraining from sweeping leaves into gutters and roadways. The leaves block storm drains and pose a serious maintenance problem for the Public Works Department. A Township Ordinance also prohibits this practice. Residents are also reminded that Ordinance 2004-4 prohibits the burning of leaves.