Calendar of Events
Kingston Township – Spring Clean-up 2017
The Kingston Township Board of Supervisors announce that Spring Clean-up 2017 will be held at the Kingston Township Public Works Facility, 225 E. Center Street, Shavertown, PA starting Monday, May 1, 2017 through Saturday, May 6, 2017.
The clean-up is open to Kingston Township residents only. Proof of Township residency is required to obtain a coupon. To avoid delays during Clean-up Week, Coupons are available for purchase at the Administration Building, 180 E. Center Street, Shavertown, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm now through Friday, April 28, 2017. Coupons will be available during Clean-up Week at the Public Works Facility during clean-up hours ONLY.
SPRING CLEAN-UP HOURS 2017
Monday(May 1st) Wednesday(May 3rd) and Friday(May 5th) 11:00am to 7:00pm
Tuesday(May 2nd) and Thursday(May 4th) 7:00am to 3:00pm
Saturday(May 6th) 8:00am to 4:00pm
1. Spring Cleanup will be held at the Kingston Township Public Works Facility.
225 E. Center Street, Shavertown, PA.
2. The cleanup is open to Kingston Township Residents Only.
3. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, hours are 11:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
Tuesday and Thursday, hours are 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Hours on Saturday are 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
4. The following items will not be accepted: household trash or garbage; recyclable items such as newspapers, plastics, bi-metallic cans, clear and colored glass, tree stumps, rocks; construction debris; toxic substances but not limited to paints, solvents, automotive fluids, fertilizers, medical waste or any chemicals. Other items not accepted include All electronics such as TVs, computers etc; Tires, washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, furnaces, stoves, microwaves, water heaters, or other large appliances. Air conditioners or dehumidifiers that are not tagged with a certified sticker from a professional stating that the freon has been removed will not be accepted. Please present tattered American Flags to the staff for proper disposal.
5. Proof of Township residency is required to obtain a Spring Clean-up permit.
6. All residents are required to obtain a Spring Clean-up permit prior to dropping off any materials in accordance with the following fee schedule:
Cars/Sm SUVs $5.00 / permit (limit 3 trips) $10.00 (unlimited)
Vans/Mid-SUVs/Sm Trucks $10.00 / permit (limit 2 trips) $25.00 (unlimited)
Lg. Trucks/Trailers/Cargo Vans/Lg SUV (< 1 ton) $35.00 / permit (1 trip limit)
Vehicles (> 1 ton) $90.00 / permit (1 trip limit)
7. Spring Clean-up permits are issued to the occupants of rental units, not to the property owners. All items must be from Township Residence Only.
8. Proper ID will be required with Spring Clean-up permit for admission to the drop-off site.
9. The Township reserves exclusive right to determine residency of persons entering
10. The Township reserves exclusive right in determining the classification of vehicles
described in # 6 above.